Win a post-lockdown trip for two to take on the Reeks District Big Five Challenge
Take on all of the Big Five including:
- hike to the summit of Carrauntoohil with Kerry Climbing
- night-SUP on Lough Cloon with Wild SUP Tours
- cycle the Ring of the Reeks with Trailflow Biking Adventures
- paddle the length of Caragh Lake with Cappanalea NCOET
- surf on Inch Beach with Kingdomwaves
Relax in the evenings with a stay in historic Carrig Country House (above), one of the most beautiful hideaways in Ireland, on the shores of Caragh Lake, and enjoy all main meals including breakfast at Carrig, dinners at Sol Y Sombra, Carrig and Ard Na Sidhe Country House, whiskey tasting at Kingston’s Bar & Townhouse, plus a packed lunch from Jacks Bakery, pub lunch at Bunkers Bar and Restaurant and afternoon tea at Ard Na Sidhe.
Car hire is also included. Winners will need to make their own way to the Reeks District.
HOW TO ENTER
We know you can’t get out at the moment and may be missing the Great Outdoors, so we’ve launched a fun competition to fill the gap.
We asked some of our key Adventurers to come up with ways they could enjoy their activities during lockdown as you can see in our video.
Now we’d like you to do the same. For the chance to win our big prize, simply make a short edited film of how YOU’D do the Big Five under lockdown, post the clip on your Facebook feed and tag us. Then encourage your friends to like and share.
The top 10 clips with the most likes and shares will then be put to our participating adventure providers. Each judge will mark each of the 10 videos on the following criteria:
- Film technique (sound, image quality etc)
Scores will be awarded from a maximum of 10 in each category with a maximum score of 30 per judge. The five videos with the highest average score will proceed to a final public vote on the Reeks District Facebook page.
The one with the most likes and shares will then win the grand prize of the Ultimate Big Five Challenge Experience Trip to the Reeks District. All participating entries to the competition will receive a 10% discount when booking an activity at our participating adventure outlets until May 1, 2021.
- Saturday April 18 at 09:00 – competition launch
- Saturday April 25 at 23:59 – competition closes for entries
- Sunday April 26 at 00:00 – judges scoring begins
- Sunday April 27 at 18.00 – judges scoring ends
- Monday April 28 at 09:00 – Final five gallery uploaded to Reeks District Facebook page
- Saturday May 2 at 18:00 – Voting ends and competition winner announced after verification of results
Terms and conditions
The promoter is Mid Kerry Tourism Cluster trading as the Reeks District and with a registered office at Library Place, Iveragh Rd, Castleconway, Killorglin, Co. Kerry, Ireland.
The competition is open to residents of Ireland, the United Kingdom and Germany aged 18 or over, except employees of Mid Kerry Tourism Cluster and participating adventure outlets, as well as their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
Participants are responsible for their own safety when creating content for this competition. The Reeks District accepts no responsibility for injuries incurred while participants are creating their entries.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are stated above.
The competition will be running on Facebook and promoted via Facebook and Instagram.
Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
Closing date for entry will be Saturday April 25 at 23:59. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as listed above.
The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
The prize is as follows for two people:
- Participation in the five elements of the Reeks District Big Five with one of our adventure providers
- Three nights’ accommodation
- All main meals (breakfast, lunch dinner). Alcohol and extras are not included unless stated at the venue at the time of ordering
- Car hire within the Reeks District, (winners must have a valid driver licence, excess insurance charges are the responsibility of the winner). Travel to the region is not included.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. This is a single-use Travel Package. Any un-used portion of the Package is forfeited and is not redeemable for cash or credit.
Winners will be chosen as per the competition mechanic above.
The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected
The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Irish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to the Reeks District and participating adventure outlets and not to any other party.
Winner and guest must hold valid passports and are solely responsible for any visa requirements if required. Winner and guest must hold valid travel insurance for the holiday duration.
Entrants to submitting a video clip must also
- warrant that they are the person in the photograph or video and/or they have prior consent from all persons in the photograph or video to submit it as part of their entry;
- agree that we have the right to publish and communicate to the public the photographs in any media without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of the Competition;
- acknowledge that we may edit the photographs or video in our sole discretion;
- agree that we have the right to use names, likenesses and other personal information submitted in conjunction with the photograph or video;
- agree not to bring any actions, suits, claims and demands against us in respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from our use of their photograph or video;
- unconditionally waive their right to seek or obtain an injunction to prevent or restrict our use of the photographs
By entering our Competitions all entrants:
- assign to us all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry and their publicity materials in all media (including, without limitation, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future;
- agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and the publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against the BTA, its assigns, licensees and successors in title;
- undertake to us that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights and will not contain anything, which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify us for any loss, damage or liability arising should this turn out not to be true. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation (and without limiting entrants’ warranty and indemnity as set out above), to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by the entrant and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same;
- Confirm that they have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that they have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition are our sole property and we may exploit the same our absolute discretion.