Carrig Country House and Restaurant
Carrig Country House is situated in one of the most beautiful hideaways in the world, on the shores of Caragh Lake, just off Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way.
Originally built c. 1850 as a hunting lodge, Carrig House’s previous owners include Lord Brockett Snr, Sir Aubrey Metcalf and Arthur Rose Vincent. In 1996 its present owners, Frank & Mary Slattery, set about a meticulous renovation of this beautiful Victorian residence.
The AA five-diamond, 17-bedroom property is set in four acres of beautiful gardens featuring 950 species of mature trees and plants which sweep down to a private jetty on the lake. Guests enjoy spectacular views across still waters to the wildness of the Macgillycuddy Reeks beyond.
Their acclaimed lakeside restaurant, winner of several awards, offers a seasonal menu featuring the finest local ingredients.
Carrig Country House is a member of Ireland’s Blue Book, the prestigious collection of Irish country house hotels, historic hotels, restaurants and castles.